Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I got up to go for my walk this a.m. and it was raining. :( Maybe I will have to buy myself a rainsuit. I saw some at Sams club the other day.... if they still have giant size available.

Yesterday we took the van to be looked at. It keeps making a funny noise and losing power. I have to stop, turn it off and then back on. The power steering acted up a couple of times too, and I couldn't turn the wheel.
I guess it has to do with a compressor and the air conditioning (which I haven't even been using yet) and is going to cost somewhere around the $800 range to fix. :(
The guy said I can drive it, but when it goes out, it will freeze up and have to be towed from wherever it stops. He gave me his cell # to call in case I need the tow. We will have to save up for a couple of weeks to fix it. Didn't we just pay an arm and leg for Edgey's truck?

Shall I remind myself?... count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." James 1:2-3 ...

I am soooo excited. I just realized I am finished with required school (150 days) for the year! YAY!!! I am not telling the kids. They have been doing such a good job getting things done.
They actually got up early this a.m. to get done because they want to play a playstation game I just got them (The Bible Game). I played for a while last night to see how it was. It was kind of fun, but I got bored pretty fast, so we will see how long they play it. It has bible trivia and challenges that are related to bible stories. My favorite one was "The Red Sea" challenge. You have to run across the Red Sea on the dry land while avoiding the pinching crabs and sea anemone and rocks and if you get too close to the wall of water it sucks you into the water and spits you back out. LOL

We usually do school all through the summer. I am just not as strict about what gets done.

My husband made me coffee this a.m. and left me 15 chocolate kisses in the shape of a 15 because our 15th anniversary is this week. Wasn't that sweet?
Yesterday he left me a gift card with enough to buy 15 vanilla cokes at the QT. It might take me a while to use that one.
Can't wait to see what is for tomorrow. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

You are so spoiled. I know that you would like to have painting done and a porch fixed but you have someone who takes the time to think about what you like and do those special little things. Awwwww. God must know you better than you think. Maybe that is just what you need to complete you. Happy birthday and happy anniversary.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home