Thursday, March 27, 2008

Elizabeth woke up with the crud on Wednesday. She whined around thinking it was going to help her get sympathy. I slathered her with my essential oils.... the one I use is called Thieves. It is antibacterial, antiviral and anti whatever. It is called thieves because back when the black plague was around and people were croaking, this small band of thieves put these oils on themselves while they went to rob all of the dead people. They never got sick. So... when they got caught, their sentence was lessened if they shared the recipe/mixture of the oils so everyone else could protect themselves also.
It has some strong stuff in it so I dilute it a bit with olive oil and rubbed it all over her neck and chest and back. Then she was complaining of leg pains so I put one called pan-away on her leg. That seemed to help. That is one that also has helped Edgey with his aches and pains... he asks me for that one whenever he has something going on. We also use melaleuca (Tea Tree Oil) on cuts and scrapes rather than other types of medicines. Edgey uses that regularly too since he is usually the one that gets those injuries.
I diffuse an oil into the air called Exodus II and one called Purification. Exodus is from the biblical formula Moses used to protect the Israelites in Exodus 30:22-31. It is a blend of oils such as Frankincense, Myrrh, Spikenard, Hyssop and others. So far we have been pretty healthy this winter season.
Ethan has always had allergies and asthma problems. Well, the lady that got me into these oils sent an email with testimonies about allergies. I thought, what the heck, I can at least try it on him. Normally his eyes water and nose runs pretty much most of the day and he drives me crazy wiping his nose and eyes and sneezing during school time. I tried one called Valor which was given in the testimony, and it worked. It really worked. He took one drop and rubbed it on his nose and where his mustache is coming in and he didn't have any problems allllllllll morning. We put some more on late in the afternoon and again in the morning when he woke up. I have only heard him sneeze a couple of times in the past 2 days. Yay!! What a difference. He is totally thrilled.
I use Peppermint oil for headaches and anytime I start getting stuffy. I think I am allergic to my job.... LOL I usually start sneezing and eyes watering when I get to the hospital. So I have started using the peppermint there. Our floor at work is doing an aromatherapy study on the patients and the long timers are asking for the peppermint because it helps them with their sinuses. It is great. The cleaning lady bought 4 bottles of the stuff to give to her friends and to help her. I think a lot of her problem is that she has to use all of those hospital chemicals to clean and it is affecting her. She went for a long time unable to breathe and stuffed up until I let her try the peppermint oil. She was shocked but extremely happy.
I use it in my tea or coffee. I also use Lemon oil in my hot tea. I can't remember where I read it, but it said somewhere that it takes more than 200 bags of peppermint tea to equal one drop of the peppermint oil. I could go on and on, but I won't.

When I start feeling like I might get sick, I take a hot bath with Epsom Salts and Tea Tree, Eucalyptus and Peppermint oil in the tub and soak. It usually fends it off.
Let me know if you are interested in any of the oils to try. If I have something, I will let you try some. If I don't have something, I can order it. This is not a sales pitch, but I do sell the oils also... but I only got the wholesale thing so I could get them at wholesale prices. They sell themselves.

Elizabeth was doing better today and was eating again. She still has a cough, but the crud is coming out. Thank God.
My brother has had the crud for 3 weeks now. He finally went to the dr. to get some antibiotics. He is pretty much anti- go to the doctor....so it must have been pretty bad. They told him he had chronic bronchitis. Well they gave him a Z-pac (Zithromax/Azithromycin) to take and he had an allergic reaction to that and ended up in the ER because he was in so much pain in his ankles and wrists and joints that he could barely button up his pants or turn a steering wheel. ER didn't do much for him. Just gave him some Ibuprofen and told him not to take the Zpac again. DUH!! Who wants to pay 100 bucks just for that info. I asked him if he took benadryl to counteract the reaction and he said no one told him to do that until today. Should've called his sister......I could have told him to take benadryl, ibuprofen and not to take the Zpac again.... and I wouldn't have costed him $100. They kept asking him if his throat or tongue was swelling. I told him to make sure he lists that as one of his allergies now. He said he asked them if that was all they were going to do? He wanted to ask them "and you went to school for this?" Today he is finally starting to feel better... he said his wrists are still hurting but at least he can button his jeans again. That is pretty sad. I asked him if he told the ER he couldn't button his pants.... of course not. You have to speak up for yourself when you go to the hospital! Nurses cannot (are not supposed to) diagnose and we can only tell the Dr.'s what you tell us and what we observe. We can also share what we think if we feel led to take a beating.....well that may depend upon the dr. too.
On another medical note: My grandpa fell today and is now in the hospital overnight because he hit his head and has a bruise on his brain. They were coming out of a dr. appt. when he fell. He dislocated his shoulder also. Got some morphine to pop that back into place after an xray. His lip was all bloody and big bump on his head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home