Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Jesse had his first check up after the surgery this morning.... early. The dr. said that everything went perfect. His vision is even a tiny bit better than it was, but they will have him do the patching again to try to build up that left eye. He may get to a point where he does not need glasses. I am still crossing my fingers for that. The only thing I have noticed with his eyes are a couple of red spots that are bulging. When I asked the dr. about that, he said that was where the stitches are and the body is trying to get rid of the stitches (somewhat like a splinter) so they are inflamed and red. We will get to finish up the $75 eye drops for that. Jesse was not thrilled about eye drops for another week. The dr. asked him what he would rather do, get an eye drop or patch the eye for 4 hrs a day...... he chose the patch. That's how much he loves eye drops. :)



Beyond that I have been in a cleaning frenzy... mainly getting rid of things. I went through the homeschool closet and cleaned out 2 large boxes of things to sell or get rid of. I am done with teaching ABC's so there was a lot of that type of thing; workbooks, puzzles, matching games, phonics, kindergarten stuff basically. We are past that!! Yay!! There is a homeschool stuff sale in April that I think I am going to get a table for.... and try to sell most of it.



I also went through Elizabeth's clothes again to get some of the spring clothes out and get rid of the small stuff. It is sad to see certain things be too small. She is growing up so fast. Within a year and 1/2 she has gone from size 6x to 10slim. Wow. She still has some size 7 skirts and shorts and stuff that she thinks still fit and doesn't want to part with yet, but I think she will by summer time. She is so tiny.... and she still only weighs 58 pounds.



I went through some of my things and Jesse's things and have a couple of bags of stuff to send off also. Not sure where to take those.



I am sooooo glad it is finally warming up. It's very windy today, but at least the sun is out and it is warmer than freezing. :) I am so ready for warmer weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home