Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I just have to start out by saying God is Faithful.....
If you notice my last post, I had been crying and grieving for my grandpa and his salvation and feeling guilt, etc...
My mom and dad came to see me yesterday and had good news. They had been to the nursing home to see my grandpa. The story goes: They wheeled him in his chair to some church & song service on Sunday night. Some guy names "Payne" was all he could remember. He wanted to know if my mom and dad had ever heard of him.... some reformed church. Anyway, grandpa actually listened to him.... more like he actually "heard" him.
As soon as he started talking about church, my dad went over and sat close to him. He grabbed my grandpa's arm and told him that Jesus loves him and died for him. My grandpa said, "He didn't die for me." My dad said, "Oh, yes he did." and asked him if he wanted to say the sinners prayer. He actually did it! after all these years......... I cry every time I think about it. Grandpa even told my dad that he was walking in the hall with my dad and Jesus the night before. Wow. Whatever works. I am just amazed... although I shouldn't be..... because for me, this is an unbelievable miracle. How many years have we prayed for him? Since his mind was going, I was praying for God to make him a new creation with a new mind and a new heart, etc... to put people in his path to lead him to Jesus..... God is faithful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home