Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Another dusting of snow this morning. April fools on us. Supposed to be spring. This is the day the Lord has set before me.... I will rejoice and be glad! I am going to have to repeat that one a few times to get it in my spirit.

My grandpa is still in the hospital. My aunt who was visiting from California decided to stay another week to see what will happen. They are not sure if he will snap out of it this time or not. He may end up in the nursing home if cannot stand by himself. He keeps trying, but is not doing very well. Extremely unstable.
To top it off, his "girlfriend" who has been living with him for more than 13 years, fell too. My aunt took her to the hospital to find out if she had a stroke, but they could find nothing wrong with her. She is more unstable than my grandpa.


I have been thinking a little bit about trying to do a small garden this year. I ran across an article this a.m. that talked about growing potatoes in a garbage bag. I might actually try it! It might be a bit unsightly but it sounds very easy and at least I know where they are coming from.
I think I want to do tomatoes too. I'm not sure what else I want to plant yet. I need things that are not going to take up a huge amount of time. Hopefully I can get past my childhood memories of being forced to pick green beans and weed the garden with no help....then getting yelled at when we didn't get everything to perfection.... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home