Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow. She can't quit talking about it. She wants butterflies at her party which no one knows if we are even having one, depending on my grandpa. I suppose I will just have family come over here on Saturday for cake and ice cream... or leftover desserts if I don't have too many people coming for my jewelry party on Friday evening.
I have not had many RSVP's.... so I am hoping a few more show up. Oh well. It will be good fellowship anyway. :)

My Aunt had put in applications to several nursing homes and finally decided on one about 2 blocks away from me..... north of the bulldog track field. I guess that is ok. I feel bad that he needs to go into a place like that and I can't just take care of him. But, I am not in charge of the deal. I keep thinking... reap what you sow. My mother is already getting sort of "lost" sometimes. I guess I mean mentally. She forgets what she is doing or talking about and can't make decisions... the decision part is nothing new, but the other stuff is disturbing. The older folks in our families have always been pretty sharp on their toes till they go. My great grandmother always did crossword puzzles every day to keep her mind sharp. If you don't use it you lose it. I think of it like a foreign language. I had 4 years of French. I have dreams in French and understand all of the words, but to actually speak it... It would be like pulling money out of you know where. Weird huh?

So, if grandpa pulls out of it a bit, he will be going to that nursing home. It is also a an "alzheimer's" facility. I think Ethan could probably ride his bike over there and visit grandpa. My grandpa really loves Ethan. Hopefully he won't forget who he is. He already calls me his daughters' names. He will probably call Elizabeth by my name. :(

We are almost done with school. The kids all got up early this a.m. by themselves. It is nice to have it done and out of the way. Then I may take them to go visit grandpa. My mom was bored at the hospital yesterday and begging me to come up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home