Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What kind of Man was Boaz before he got married?

Last night was our last night of college class. I got the homework done completely for one of them but still have to turn in some for the other one. We had to cover 3 chapters last night very quickly, but it was still good. I really loved the covenant class. It totally changed my mindset about practically everything I read in the bible now. Stuff I never really understood before is totally clear now. The next class doesn't start until January. It seems so far away! I still have plenty of other stuff to do to work on my degree though. If anyone wants to take a class in the winter with me, I will get a discount. :) The next class I am completely excited about is on the tribes of Israel. The teacher is so cool.

We had special music at chapel last night (John & Judy Chapman) and it was extremely good. She (Judy) got her Bachelors of Divinity last night too. It was a total surprise to her. They will have a big ceremony later, but it was encouraging to see someone reach a goal and press onward. Afterwards, a couple of other gals and I went to have coffee at Perkins and chat. They took a 1/2 day off today so they could sleep in after we went out. I didn't get home till late.

Edgey said Jesse will probably not want to do school with him ever again- LOL. The punishment for the kids if they don't get school done with mom is to do it with dad that night but they have to do double. Jesse said he wanted to do it with dad so he could do double and catch up with Sissy. The double thing ended up backfiring on us (not really a punishment in his eyes) so I told Edge he would have to make it undesirable to get the right effect. Edgey was tough on him and made him rewrite a couple of handwriting lines and said he was crying a couple of times. Jesse is going to give his sissy a run for her money too.

Ethan made his lasagna last night. They actually saved me a couple pieces and it looks like it turned out great. So I can't wait for lunch time. I guess I could eat it for breakfast instead.... I'm not sure about that. Lasagna & coffee ? That sounds like heartburn waiting to happen.

Today we have to do world history and it is on Egyptians. The activity is to wrap up your sibling in toilet paper to simulate a mummy. That ought to be interesting. Can't wait to clean that up. I wish there was an eye rolling icon so I could express my thoughts better.

The Robert Frost poems went well yesterday. But I tell you, I don't even think I would have completely understood the poem "The Cow In Apple Time" if there weren't very cute expressive pictures in the book to help me understand it (click on that link to see the cute cow). The kids really liked them.

Elizabeth starts a new math workbook today and actually she should be in a new reader again too, but I am having her go through McGuffeys primer to make sure she really understands rhyming and vowel sounds. She had a tough time reading something fairly simple yesterday. Everything in the story had a short "a" sound and she was trying to make some of them long. I'm not sure if she was doing it on purpose or not. She did make her own poem yesterday without my help and it was cute.

Well, coffee is going....

If you get a chance to read this one.... do A fish called lucky This chic's blog is funny.

Answer to title: Ruthless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home