Monday, August 28, 2006

Never Give the Devil a Ride - he always wants to Drive

The weekend was nice. I got to go to worship practice on Saturday. Then we went to Ryans Steakhouse for Ethan's birthday lunch. Ethan's friend Brendon came with us and spent the night as a surprise for Ethan since we didn't have a huge party for him. We got him his skateboard, some Tony Hawk clothes, a pair of NSS skateboard shoes and a couple of other skateboard shirts. They pigged out on mac & cheese and mashed potatoes and desserts. Some of our family came to eat lunch with us.

Saturday afternoon I got to go shopping but didn't really find much. I did find a new shirt that I had to have. As much shopping as I do, I have a hard time finding things that I really like and have to have. When I got home, Edgey and I watched a movie that was cute.... She's The Man.

The boy's stayed up till around midnight before they went to bed. They were watching some Jackie Chan movie, eating popcorn and a whole bag (14oz) of m&m's. Oink. Like they didn't have enough sugar at the buffet thing anyway?

Sunday was Church and I got to sing again. Then, we were supposed to go jet skiing but the weather was cruddy and too windy to go. It really didn't even get very warm. So we ended up giving the kids the picnic food that we had packed for them and they ate that on the way home from church. They were so tired that we made them all go home and take a nap. We went and had Chinese food for lunch and when we came home we had a nap too, in the lazyboy chairs.

We watched another movie when the kids went to bed. It was called Aquamarine and about a mermaid. It was cute too. Then Edgey went to bed and I had to get school stuff ready for the kids for Monday. I stayed up late since I had a nap.

This morning Edgey came home to get something for his job and we were still in bed. Elizabeth was up but she had not done her list. Ethan didn't set his alarm and I don't know what happened to mine because I hit snooze and then it didn't go off again. Hmmmm.. He wasn't very happy.
We got up and started doing school. Then the bug dude called and wanted to come do the 30 day follow-up. So that interrupted everything because they have to figure out what he is doing and ask questions and he had to show them how their mouse traps work and give a little safety lecture. I actually saw a stupid mouse the other night... already. It wasn't even cold out yet. Praise God for old houses. I am not complaining.

School is pretty much done. I am babysitting for my friend's daughter while she visits her mother in the hospital. It seems kind of crazy for a Monday. I hope it's not an indication for the rest of the week. Tomorrow night is the last night of class so I need to finish up some of my homework for that.

I'll try to write something profound for tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the big dude and why is he checking mouse traps?

Just Wondering,
B

9:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs Edgey said...

Bug dude = Springer Pest Control guy. He gave us a couple mouse traps because I informed him of the giant mouse that I saw run behind my couch the other night. They take care of more than just bugs. He would probably get rid of the rabid squirrel in the attic too.... Just kidding. :)

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home