Thursday, June 29, 2006

We're Baaack

Just got back yesterday from our trip. Edgey's sister got married so we drove to Roswell, New Mexico to participate. I sang a song, Edgey performed the ceremony, Ethan was an usher, Elizabeth was the most beautiful flower girl and Jesse was the ring bearer. Edgey must have been a bit boring because Jesse yawned about 3 times during the ceremony. LOL When his sis sends us the pics, I will have to put some on here. I couldn't believe how handsome the boys were in tux's and Elizabeth was sooooo pretty. Grandma did up her hair with hot rollers and it actually stayed.

We drove straight down. Left tues night around 7 pm and got there about 1:30 pm on wed. We did go see the movie "Cars" as a family. Very cute! and the kids all got the little happy meal cars during the week.... they kept begging to go to McDonalds to get happy meals against my better judgement. We gave in. Oh well. Now we have almost all of them except the towtruck and the main dude red car, lightning. I actually cried at one part and Edgey said he did too.

The swimming pool was green and gross, so we were completely bummed out because we were expecting to swim everyday and it didn't happen. The guy was supposed to have it fixed by the saturday we were there. He was still washing it out with the hose when we left tuesday. :(

We brought a few tadpoles home in a cup. We found them at grandma's new home in Alamogordo. The kids were very excited and wanted to catch some so now they are in a little glass in the window so we can watch them get bigger. I need to find some food for them now. They ate all the algea. I also brought home some seeds for a sticker bush that popped a hole in grandpa's truck tire. I thought they might be nice over between our house and our favorite neighbors house. I'll try them in a styrofoam cup after they dry out. I'm soooo mean. mwah hahaha.

Let's see.... the wedding went well and Edgey and I actually danced a few dances. I did a two step with the groom's dad. He is an old skinny alcoholic cowboy, but he was very nice and I was trying to keep him from feeling left out. Certain people were not very nice to him. I should know by now how judgemental people are. I also did a two step with Jesse boy, who couldn't keep up but he said "that was fun mom!"

Edgey's aunt invited us to her hotel to go swimming and then we found out that there was some pool conspiracy going on in Roswell because her pool was dead too. We walked to the hotel next to there and finally got to go swimming. Edgey and the kids had a blast and I got to know his aunt a bit better. She has had an "interesting" life. She taught Jesse how to dive into the pool from on his knees since there was no diving allowed.

We got to go to tour the Air Force Base where Edgey's brother and his wife works. Got to see fighter planes and stealth planes. They have an awesome paintball field that they said we might be able to go to next time we come down. Edgey and Ethan are both excited about that one.

Now we are back home..... drove straight back too. We did come up through Colorado on the way home though. We decided to try a different, more scenic route. It was beautiful. I could live in Colorado, I think. His mother kept trying to talk us into moving down there. There is like a $10,000 sign on bonus for nurses and Edgey wouldn't have a problem finding work either. I think I would miss our church too much though. Besides, Auntie just moved here to hang out with us. 10k is kinda tempting though..... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

hi - just found you through profiles - we like the same book "supernatural childbirth" - just visiting....God bless....rebekah

12:11 PM  
Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

I'm still here I think it's funny that nobody really post that much anymore I'm trying to get back into it but I think I will post alot when I get back to the CO.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home