Friday, September 28, 2007

Names

My assignment for college class this week was to look up the meaning of my name. The teacher discussed how important the meanings of names are to God. Examples were given of the name changes from Abram to Abraham (A great father to Father of many nations) and Jacob to Israel (supplanter which means to take the place of especially through force or scheming to Prince of God; contender for God, strives with God).
I think I was just discussing name meanings on the trip to the convention. We named our kids knowing their specific name meanings.
Ethan Curtis - Ethan means firm/strong and steadfast; Curtis means curteous.
Elizabeth Catherine - Eliz means set apart for God; Catherine means pure.
Jesse Ray - Jesse means God exists and wealthy; Ray means counselor or mighty protection and guards wisely.

Curtis Brent - Curt means curteous; Brent means steep hill or hilltop

I had to look mine up again to make sure there wasn't something I was missing...
Nope! still the same
Kim means Leader of the warriors or chief of war
Lea had several different meanings - Tired (hebrew), bringer of good news (greek) and goddess of the canoe makers (hawaiian) LOL

I have always said I am the tired leader...... wonder if God could change my name for me too?

I encourage you to look up your name.... you might be surprised at how accurate it is. :) Just ask B-

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

And may the canoe makers all around the world live on forever.... if you let them!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home