Sunday, July 06, 2008

Fireworks

What fireworks? I didn't see any professional fireworks this year.... I only saw the fireworks on my own street and several in the hood while I was driving home Friday night from the campgrounds. Maybe I should back up a bit.
This week Edgey took off work on Thurs. and we all packed up and went camping out by Stuart. The campground was boring to me. I couldn't see anything except grass and campers and gravel road. I couldn't see the lake that everyone kept wanting to go fish on and the park was like a mile down the road. They did have a little swing for the kids up by the bathrooms, but nothing exciting.
So anyway, we got there Thurs morning and unpacked/set up the camp. Then everyone tried to fish and caught nothing but moss and sticks. Edgey's dad came from Nebraska and stayed with us along with Auntie and Em & Lisa. Jesse was bored the first day then he found a friend to hang out with, but that is another story. Elizabeth got a headache that she had the entire camp stay and layed around in bed and was a bump on a log except to go fishing.... but that doesn't require a lot of effort either.
Thurs night was my favorite part because all the meal is put away and it gets dark and the stars are beautiful and the campfire smells good. The boys all went to bed early so they could go fish early in the a.m. The girls were squirrelly and stayed up really late talking and goofing around in the tent.
I just sat by the campfire and enjoyed it for as long as I could until I got too tired. Then I went to go to the camper and there was snoring (loudly) at both ends of the camper. Auntie on one side and Edgey on the other.... So I went to my van and put the seat back to sleep in. The only problem was that a couple of hours later I woke up freezing and had to go to the camper for a blankie. So back to the camper, shivering, I went. Got in bed and had no pillow because someone had taken mine.... someone gave it back because I was shivering so bad that he woke up too.
Then it took a while for all the snoring to lull me back to sleep. I was the only one that slept in that next morning. Most of them went fishing. Emily was the omelet queen and made everyone omelets for breakfast. It was so filling, I didn't eat again until supper time.
Friday Elizabeth was a bump on a log again. She went to sleep in the camper. Jesse was bored and I took him to the mile away park and to Casey's to get an ice cream treat. At the park he ran into his buddy Joel again and was having lots of fun until it was lunch time. At that point, Joel and his brothers and sisters loaded up in their van to go back to the camp. They looked really familiar and it took a minute for me to figure it out, but Jesse had been playing with one of the "famous septuplets." The played with legos and guys pretty much all day. Joel also tried to teach Jesse how to ride a bike. He really needs to learn how to ride a bike! I was very thankful.

We all played games and then we had supper. I had to leave to come to work on Sat. Bummer!

So Saturday comes and for once this year, they actually put me on a mandatory call. I was excited and thought, well maybe I will go back out to the campground. But when i called, there were 4 patients in my area so I waited around to see if I would get called in. It would be my luck to drive 45 min away then have to turn around and come right back to work. Aunties pancakes were sure calling me, but I stayed home. I took a nap, did some errands and then was going to go out to the camp after stopping at the Dollar store for some coloring books and bubbles and stuff for the bump on a log to do. I was in the Dollar store when I hear somebody saying, who's silver van is that? Look at that! I'm thinking, O Great, I have a silver van. I went to the front window of the store and lo and behold but my entire drivers side door is completely smashed in.
There were 3 witnesses outside and someone had called the police to come. Some idiot parked his vehicle in front of a no parking lane and ran into the Tobacco shack to get some smokes and his bronco rolled backwards. The girlfriend in the passenger seat had no clue how to put on the brake (HELLO!) and my van was the lucky stop. Then he proceeded to get into the bronco and when one of the witnesses said, "I hope you have insurance" he took off to his residence to "find" his insurance. Yeah right! So the cop gets there and takes the statements. I give him all my info while we wait for the guy to come back with his insurance. Finally he sends another car over to find the owner of the vehicle. Thank God someone got the licence plate. So the other cop goes over there and finds the bronco ... with the smashed back end.... starts honking the horn hoping someone will notice. Finally they get an actual address and he goes to the apartment and gets the guy..... Guess who doesn't have insurance??? Guess who doesn't even have a valid drivers license????? duh! So guess who is going to have to pay for someone smashing in her door? At least I can still drive the van... but the bummer is that the frame is bent so badly that it will not seal and I had to pretend to be Red Green and use duct tape and plastic to seal the door since it is supposed to rain/storm tonight. I have to get in and out of the passenger's side.
What a mess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home