Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow, Snow, & More Snow

Not sure how much snow we have gotten so far, but it as least a foot. It is very pretty on the tree branches. Yeah, it's pretty all right, but I am stinking tired of it!
Class was cancelled last night. Edgey had to stay overnight in Marshalltown because it was too bad to drive home. He ran to Wallyworld and bought clothes and toiletries. I told him just to wash out his underwear and hang it up to dry, but he didn't think that was very funny. :o)
I thought it was a good idea...

My class was cancelled last night and Grandpa cancelled his appointment today. I keep wondering whether church will be cancelled tonight or not. I am supposed to teach the kids class tonight. The streets have not even been plowed and it's still snowing here. grrrr.

I received an email today that an exploration team has found physical evidence of Noah's ark in Turkey. A wooden structure was discovered in the interiors of an unusual cave. The petrified wooden fragments are going to be tested. How cool. Many times, there have been sitings of the Ark but this is the first time there has ever been any "material evidence."

Today is Ash Wednesday. I am praying about what I am going to give up...... When I first started going to church (not Catholic) we had and Ash Wed service every year. It was a reflection of self and becoming more like Christ and usually a giving up of something. The cross of ash on the head was a outward sign of death to self and identifying with Christ. I have fasted sugar before and just fasted food and had only liquids (juices, broth and water) before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home