Friday, January 25, 2008

Shalom

I was just thinking about this word.... We talk about Jehovah Shalom meaning God is peace, but there are many more meanings to this word than I really knew. I go to Shalom Bible College. I've seen it for years. So what does it mean?

Strong's Concordance 7965 - (Hebrew) Shalom ..... peace, tranquility, contentment, welfare, salute, health & prosperity, completeness, safety, soundness in body, friendship in relationships with others and God especially in covenant relationship, peace from war

People in Israel use this all the time as a greeting. I used to go to a group called Iowans for Israel. They greeted each other with this. I think I might start saying it again. No wonder the Jews are so blessed. Every time they say this they are blessing others with each of those things. The power of life and death are in the tongue. Choose life.

Just thought I would share.

Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home