Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This Old House

It is cold! Last night it hurt to be outside to go to class. I have no clue what the temperature was, but when I got home, I went to do a load of laundry and the water wouldn't come out into the wash machine. I wasn't sure if it was broke or what... so then I checked the shower which is on the same wall and it wouldn't come on either. Edgey had already pulled the faucet out to full bore. There wasn't even a drip. The little space heater was on it and everything. So I think it must be frozen somewhere from the hot water heater to the bathroom.

We really haven't had any problem this year considering how cold it already has been. It has frozen before during the night in the past....so we have learned to have a space heater pointed into the shower. Sometimes we have even had to let it drip continuously to make sure the line stays open, but this is ridiculous. It happened in the daylight.

The other thing that is a bummer or a blessing depending on how you look at it, is that we have a cold porch room on the back of the kitchen where we keep our refrigerator and our chest freezer. Our kitchen is very small. It has been so cold for the past 2 weeks that everything in the frig section is freezing also. I can't keep any produce in it or it will freeze. :( My celery froze and my lettuce, etc.... My milk has been freezing too.... well getting lots of ice crystals in it. The kids laugh when they get their cereal in the morning because it plops out in the bowl instead of pouring.

So... just sharing some of the joys of living in a home built in 1915.

We are supposed to go visit my grandpa this afternoon. I think I will see if I can take a shower while we are there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home