Friday, January 18, 2008

Goals

I am working on one of my year goals today..... getting ahead on my lesson plans for homeschooling. I am usually about a week ahead, but I have it as a goal to really plan for a few weeks at a time and adjust later. It seems to be helping me not feel so much pressure for my time. I feel like I am on the computer all the time though. I have been doing all my lesson planning online. It is a free service called HomeSchool Inc. and they keep track of lesson plans and what has been completed and what hasn't. It has an option for the kids to get online and communicate with the "teacher" and feedback, etc..

I suppose I can write my goals on here then y'all can keep me accountable for them. Not sure I want to do that or not....

GOALS - Phil 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Personal - Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

1. Try to go to bed and get up earlier
2. Read each book of the bible 20 times starting in New Testament (if you want to understand why I want to do this go to this website. How to Change Your Mind
3. Walk 4-5 times each week
4. Eat healthy

House
1. Declutter 15 min. weekly
2. work on attic
3. plant flowers and do front exterior
4. paint downstairs
5. 2 loads of laundry daily

Family
1. (can't say this one outloud- but it has to do with counting) :p
2. Go on date once a month with each family member (at least 1-2 hours alone)
3. Speak encouraging things daily to them (Mon - Jesse, Tues -Eliz, Wed - Ethan, Thurs - Edgey, Fri - dogs) Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily...

note: I am not a natural encourager like my husband and have to truly make myself do this - so if this seems like a strange goal, that is why. Someday, I hope that it will just become habit. When I read my goals and read the accompanying scriptures daily, then it will get into my heart.

Job - Luke 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
1. Do informal presentation
2. Attend at least 4 monthly unit meetings (hate these! because I have to go during the week)

Ministry - 1 Tim 4:13-16 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery. Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.


1. Finish Throughly Furnished
2. Book Report
3. Capture that sermon (10)
4. Finish Degree exam
5. New Testament synopsis
6. Finish typing blood covenant syllabus

Homeschool
1. Keep ahead on lesson plans
2. Focus focus on Jesus! (this is difficult too sometimes, even though we have a Christian curriculum.... we always have to get requirements out of the way and sometimes things get out of focus.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home