Friday, May 26, 2006

I took the last of my homework to the college Tuesday and the kids went with me and got to see the church building. They have a lot of banners and things to look at like a Sword of Solomon and a couple of Shofars and world flags, etc... The kids enjoyed it. I also signed up for the next session which starts in July. I want to take the class on Covenant. I was told it is a very interesting class.

Then, Tuesday night, we went to Brenda & Larry's to work on some of their trim (base) around the floor. It is going to look really nice when it is all finished. Brenda and I got to chat and go look at land around where they live and watch Mariah sleep on the couch while Alex watched TV and Edgey showed Larry how to cut trim. It was actually very relaxing for me because the kids were totally occupied and played and chased kitties. It was great.

Wednesday we did the McDonalds thing and took the kids to the park by the zoo. They climbed on all the stuff and tried to play baseball. It was interesting trying to teach Elizabeth how to stand and hold the bat and hit the ball. I pitched for a little while and then let the kids play. Jesse didn't stay interested for too long. He wanted to climb on the monkey bars. When he got tired he would just lay on top of them at the very top. It was very warm but breezy.
I am looking forward to this summer and swimming but not the humid heat. The kids have been bugging me about going to the park we go to all summer. They have free kids lunches and they are actually good. Then they either play at the park or go to the swimming pool.
Wed night we went to church and pastor is gone to India so Layne (youth pastor) preached. It was a good word... He gets better everytime I hear him. He was talking about obedience and reasons we are not obedient to what God wants us to do. Part of the message was about dying to self and loving things more than God and taking up your cross to follow Christ. Anyway, I thought about what he said even last night because I went to the fridge to get some more ice cream (after I just had 2 little scoops) and stopped myself saying "take up my cross". Death to self. It's so hard sometimes. But, it was good because I caught myself renewing my mind with Layne's message. One person's disobedience causes many to sin... I can see my little sugar addicted children having food(sin) problems because of my disobedience to keep it out of the house. Just my stuff I am dealing with right now.

Yesterday mom watched the kids in the afternoon and I went to the healthfood stores to price things and see what was out there. That took all afternoon. I guess the thing that is hardest for me right now is that the kids want snackfood and I hadn't bought anything, so they were having a fit. When I went to the healthfood store, I bought good crackers and dried banana chips and stuff for them to snack on. If it doesn't look like a snack, they have a problem with it. So that is my main challenge at the moment. Finding cheap, healthy things that look like snacks (besides fruit).

Today was a laundry day and clean out closets day again. It's supposed to be 80's-90's this weekend. At least I will be in the air conditioning at the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home