Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Weekend

First of all, if you're a mom, make sure you read Mary Lynn's blog.....so you can cry too. Second, Happy Mother's Day to everyone that I didn't see yesterday. I had to work this weekend, as usual. Of course, on mother's day, everyone wants to come in to have their babies, whether they need to or not, so it was busy towards the evening... just when it is time to finish up and go home. I had to stay late to finish charting and when I finally got done, I went to see my mom and tell her Happy Mother's Day. We watched the end of Survivor and chatted for a while. When I got home, my house was quiet and everyone was in bed.

Let's go back to Friday. Friday eve Edgey's dad came to visit for the weekend, mostly to surprise his sister for her birthday. My mom watched the kids and Edgey and I and his dad went to go get Auntie for her birthday dinner. Boy, was she surprised. We did go to Hickory Park and pigged out. We had 2 whole meals left to bring home. It was soooo much food and it was soooo good.

I went to work Saturday and it was a slow day and nice and relaxing with nothing exciting going on. I got to bed fairly early.
Sunday was busier. Patients going to deliver and we got to send our psycho patient to deliver. Yeah. It was not my turn for the mental patients this weekend. We try to rotate our suffering.
The gals I normally work with are all mothers and their kids and hubby's came up to see them and bring stuff. Edgey came with my kids and they had a nice card they all signed and the little kids drew me their own cards with lots of hearts and kisses and brought chocolate for me and some for my coworkers too. That was really nice. Chocolate is important on busy days at work. You can ask my coworkers and they will agree. I think that is why we get along so well. :)

My big mother's day present was a gift certificate to go get a pedicure. I have never had a real pedicure before. My sister goes to some place by Merle Hay mall and they massage your feet and legs while they are soaking in the hot water. She loves it. I recently bought some open toed sandal/tennis shoes. They are cute, but my toes are not and I was sort of whining about how I am not going to wear them until I sit down and do my toenails. So that is why I got the gift certificate. I was blessed.

I finished my very last DVD of "24" and now I won't have anything to watch. My brother was supposed to be taping this seasons "24" and he did but then he taped over it. He needs to have a sumo sit on him for a while. When we were little and he was bugging me, I would sit on top of him and hold his hands down with my knees and pound on his chest in one spot with my two fingers until he learned who was boss then he would run off and leave me alone.

Today I am chilling out. I slept in till almost 10. The kids were just getting breakfast when I came downstairs so they all slept in too. Now we are doing school. I am drinking a cup of coffee. The dog is taking a nap. There are Polly pockets and light sabers all over my living room floor and loads of laundry after the weekend again. There is a spot of dumped milk on my kitchen table and chair. I am thankful to be a mom...and I am not being sarcastic.

Zeh hayom asah HaShem; nagila venismekha vo! (This is the day Adonai has
made; we will rejoice and be glad in it!)

1 Comments:

Blogger marysto said...

If anyone deserves chocolate and a pedicure, its YOU, Mrs. E.

Especially after a weekend of checking to see how far complete strangers were dialated.......

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home