Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Elizabeth is 7 now. Yesterday was her birthday. I told her that every cell in her body since she has been born is now brand new. Our cells replace themselves every 7 years.

I did school with Ethan yesterday, but Elizabeth got the day off because it was her birthday. Then we had lunch and Edgey got off early to come drive me around (can't see very well) to do errands for the birthday party. We went to the Teddy Bear store first (Build-a-bear) and that was really cute.
First you pick out a bear - she got a white one then she picked out a noise maker to stick inside the paw - hers says "I love you, I love you." After that she steps on a pedal to make the machine stuff the bear. After that she picked out a special heart to put in the bear...she had to kiss it and make a wish and get the heart to beat by jumping up and down and turning around. Then they sew up the back of the bear and she gave it an air shower to get any fuzz off. Ethan bought her a couple of outfits for her bear as his present to her. She had a very hard time deciding which outfit to get. She got a pair of pajamas and a day outfit of shorts and tshirt that says Beary best friends on it and a pair of bunny slippers.
It was way too expensive for my taste, but that is all she asked for so..... oh well.

Then I took Jesse and got him a pair of new shoes. He outgrew both his pairs of shoes in the last month or so. His toes were at the end of the shoes. I let him pick them out. He wanted slip on tennis shoes because he didn't want to learn how to tie shoestrings yet and he didn't like the velcro ones they had.

Then Edgey, Elizabeth and I had Starbucks and the boys had rootbeer and flavored water and we hung out at Jordan Creek for a bit then went and finished running to the store and stuff.

The party was at my mom's house. We just had family there... Auntie Deb came and my Grandpa and Mary, and my brother and sister and their kids & mom & dad. Elizabeth got a new purple bible, a barbie doll (of course), and the new Mermadia movie and some money. She was happy. She played with her cousins most of the evening and ate her chocolate cake.

Today we just finished up with school (it's only 9:30 a.m.) and they just went in the playroom to watch the Mermadia movie. Jesse is still asleep because we got home late last night, but the other two wanted to watch the movie so bad they got up at 0700 and did their school. LOL. How rare is that?

I actually tried something different this morning and had Elizabeth read her book to Ethan. I heard him asking her, "What does the e make the i do?" trying to teach her how the silent e works. Ha. It makes him work harder and he doesn't even know it. Yeah.

I need to make an appointment for my eyes. Yes! I put it off yesterday. Imagine that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home