Friday, March 24, 2006

Maxine on Housework


HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE

1. Open a new file in your PC.
2. Name it "Housework."
3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN.
4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN.
5. Your PC will ask you, "Are you sure you want to delete Housework permanently?"
6. Calmly answer, "Yes," and press the mouse button firmly......
7. Feel better?

Works for me! : )

I worked on my exam for most of the day yesterday. At least I finished it. Since the van was out of commission, my mommy came and picked up the kids for me. Yay! Then Edgey picked them up when he got off work. I did no housework except laundry.... laundry is just too scary if you skip a day. For those that don't understand, just wait till you have more kids!
We made an appointment for the van and Edgey followed me to the shop then took me to lunch and brought me back home.
I took a nice little nap too since my sleep was so messed up last night. Edgey tried to wake me up and talk to me but I was totally out. He said he tried a couple of times and I didn't budge. LOL Oh well.
Edgey took Ethan to his karate class and they went swimming after the workout. He was excited when he got home. He only has a couple more classes before he pretests for his brown belt. He is hoping to go to a small competition in Nebraska the first week in April. They don't do weapons at that dojo so Ethan will get to perform his bo kata for the class. The bo is like a long bamboo staff thing and they do a routine (kata) with it.

This morning we got up early and we went and picked up the van from the dealers. It was even cheaper than they quoted us. $230 instead of $344. Yippeee!! That made my morning. After that we went and got a coffee at Caribou and chatted for a 1/2 hour before he had to go to work. When I got home at 7:45, Elizabeth and Ethan were both up and neither one of them was working on what they were supposed to be working on first thing in the morning. They were both in the TV room watching something on PBS. I was ticked. Needless to say, the TV room got locked. Then they finished their lists and did their school. Jesse boy is still in bed asleep.
Sometimes I really hate the TV. We have locked up the TV room for weeks at a time when the kids start taking advantage of their privileges. We all need wake up calls at one time or another. Death to our little idols that take up our time or thoughts.
It's Friday. TGIF for most of you. For me it's the weekend dread. Gotta work tomorrow. Once I get there it will be fine. It's just the anticipation that's the kicker. Tonight we are supposed to go to a little dinner party. That sounds like fun. My mom is going to come over and watch the kids and bring her attack dogs. She is still babysitting for the older lady that is in the hospital with the broken hip. I was on the phone with her last night and they were both barking at my dad cause he had just pulled in the driveway. I could hardly hear my mom talking. She said the two dogs just egg each other on and try to outbark each other. That's nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home