Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Lesson 1

Yesterday was a lazy day for me. I tried to be productive but it just didn't happen. I was wiped out from the busy day on Sunday at work. I had to send a lady with twins to deliver. Transfers are busy, especially when they are rushed. We had a lot of new patients but sent a lot home also. So, yesterday I just did the minimal amount required. Ever have those kind of days? We did school and the kids had yogurt and granola bars and cheese sticks for lunch (no cooking) and then I cleaned up the kitchen from the weekend and took a nap while the kids played. I think they did play the playstation for a while too.

I was supposed to pick up Auntie at the airport around 4:30 but her flight was delayed in MN because of some blizzard they were having. She was supposed to come in at 5:00 so I went to the airport about 4:45 and ended up waiting until 6:15 when she her plane finally got there. Then we had to wait for luggage and it didn't show up. So we had to wait and fill out information so they could get it to her later. They had double booked her on a flight and probably sent the luggage on the later flight.
When we got back to the house to pick up her dog, Edgey already had made the kids supper and they had eaten. The rest of us were hungry so Auntie bought us Popeye's chicken. Yummmmmm. I made salads too. We visited for a while. She had a nice time on her trip. Her dog was excited to see her.
The kids went to bed and Curt and I watched TV. He fell asleep but I was awake for a while because I had a nap earlier. I was really naughty and ate some girlscout cookies that I had already signed up to buy before we started low carb stuff. Then, of course, I had heartburn so I did not want to go to bed with that.

*************************************************************************************

Tonight is my class. I am excited about that. I have really been getting a lot out of the study.
I told you I would expound on it at some point. Maybe I will share a bit of it today.

First of all we are in a war between God and satan. God created the angel Lucifer who was very special; His brilliance was like a star. He had tremendous wisdom and was God's special angel. But Lucifer became jealous. He wanted to become even as God and to receive worship which only rightfully belonged to God.
Isaiah 14:12-17 says "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou has said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
The war with satan began with his I WILL. He was cast out of heaven, dishonored, dethroned and abased below the stars of God, doomed to isolation, away from the presence of God and he will never be like the most High.

NIV says How you have fallen from heaven O morning star, son of the dawn... but you are brought down to the grave.
NASB says How you have fallen from heaven O star of the morning, son of the dawn...you will be thrust down to Sheol.
KJV says How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!...Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell.

Revelation 22:16 says I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Who is the bright and morning star? Jesus is. What does the NIV and NASB call Lucifer?

So Lucifer has now fallen to the earth and he is bitter and angry and he is hate. He thinks he should be justified because God kicked him out of heaven and if it wasn't for God, surely wouldn't he be ruler over all?
Why does satan keep trying to win the battle when his is already defeated?

Maybe he wants to wound God - to destroy God's communication and flow of love to man.
Maybe he wants to destroy as many people as he can, even as he was destroyed and to try to keep them from seeing the truth and reality of the love of God towards us, destroy the fellowship with God and Maybe he is still hoping for a time of actually being glorified and worshipped.

So, we see satan in the Garden of Eden, standing before Eve and saying "Hath God said?" This is doubt and confusion. Did God really say that? What has God said? Did God mean what He said? Were those the exact words that God said? Is that what he really meant? Surely Eve would not die! Surely God didn't mean what He said in this one particular instance! "Hath God said?"
Did He say what was in the KJV? Did He say what was in the NIV? Surely God wouldn't mean what He said in the KJV, so that really couldn't be true, could it? Doubt, confusion.... Is the doctrine of God diluted here? Or is it diluted there? Could satan still be blocking the true word of God to us?
Do you believe that we have the Inspired, Infallible Word of God or Do we have a Word which talks about God, but is not directly from God????

Ok End of the first lesson....... are you interested?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES YES YES. I want more!!!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home