Monday, March 03, 2008

I read my last post and have almost the same thing to start out with! Stinking snow. I guess I should just shut up and be thankful. Another 4 inches through the night. It was beautiful out yesterday. I don't know what the temp got up to, but all I needed was a sweatshirt to be comfortable..... and let me tell you, I am sitting in my dining room right now and I have a sweatshirt on and I am freezing!

God has been good to me the past couple of weeks. Even though things have been difficult, I can see things are also progressing. I finished a fast that lasted 18 days. I thought about going the full 21 but I don't think I would have had grace to finish the last 3 days.... it would have been my own doing and not God's. I was fasting for several reasons. I had a healing conference I was asked to sing at on Friday and wanted to be ready for that. I have been feeling my relationship with God is not "up to par" so to speak, and wanted to get closer. I have also been feeling cruddy in my body and just tired of feeling tired and achy, etc, etc.... praying for Jesse...

The healing conference was great. A minister from my class at the college put it on down at the Polk County Convention Center. It was an all day ordeal. I was asked to sing in the morning session. The worship was awesome! Some guy named Randy Bixby led worship the morning and afternoon sessions, then he had a complete band there for the night session. He has a ministry called KHOP (kingdom house of prayer). Layne would have loved the guitar solos.

Anyway, the person had asked me to sing a specific song and said there would be someone there to back me up on it.... well, Mr. Randy didn't know the song..... so I had to do it acapella that morning. That was not fun, but I was obedient.

My college professor taught the 3rd session and another lady, Linda Schreurs who has a ministry called Intimacy with God spoke at the second session. Wow, was she on fire!
I heard my professor's testimony which was great but made me sad at how her life used to be. It certainly changes a person's outlook when they hear anothers testimony.

The whole conference gave me a different perspective of where I am in this time of my life. I don't think I am necessarily "lukewarm," but there are times if I compare myself to some of these other ladies that I see that are "on fire," it makes me sad that I am not like that too. I repented.

My only word for the weekend was..... it's time. I don't know what it's time for or what that exactly means. So now I am just waiting to see what God wants to begin. Time for what?

When I got to work on Sat morning, I had to be in charge.... haven't had to do that for over a year. I kept thinking, "Is this what you mean? it's time for me to step up?" I still don't know.
So if you feel like praying for me, please pray that God will reveal to me what he means by that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home