Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Well, it snowed last night. AGAIN! At least a good 5 inches at my house. It took forever to scrape and brush the snow off the van this a.m. Jesse had an eye appointment this morning. It was his pre-assessment for his eye surgery. That will be in March in a couple of weeks. The Dr. is supposed to be the best in Iowa..... but I am wondering why God just couldn't heal his eye without the surgery? We keep praying for him. The Dr. did say it had gotten better since last time, so that builds my faith a little bit. He was a little freaked out today when the Dr. was talking about it. He even gave the Dr. a hug. It was sweet.
Anyway, the roads were cruddy. I slid around and was thankful several times that no one was in front of me at some lights, because I probably would have rear ended them. It was just sheets of ice except on I-235 and the sun was melting some of it. This is the time I would have preferred to stay home.
I think I have class tonight. Only a few more left. I will have mixed emotions when this class is done. I usually am bummed out that they are over, but this time I will be glad because I feel somewhat overwhelmed by the whole thing. It is just a lot to cover..... all the prophets.... and the homework is very time consuming (more than usual). I keep thinking, I am not getting anything done on my goals and that is frustrating for me. I am trying to just roll with it.

ATF was good for the most part. The teens were fun. The speaking and drama was good.... and Michael Gungor was awesome as usual as he did worship. I wasn't too thrilled with the bands Fireflight and Nevertheless, but the guy Phil Joel that used to be in Newsboys was great too. He had a good message and I liked his music. His hair was way long!!! like longer than any of the girls in our church.... except he didn't flip his around as bad as Fireflight. They looked like a bunch of squirrels flipping their tails. LOL
I guess the thing I got out of it the most was about not letting your dreams be stolen away. Ron Luce spoke about that. Then there was another guy that talked about being a fish out of water and how we go back and forth between God and the world. We thrive in the water (God's presence) and suffocate without it. It was a very good analogy and he actually had goldfish that he would take out of the water and let flop around to get the message across. Poor fishy.
Although we did not stay in a hotel, I got to sleep in a comfy bed instead of on a cement floor. That was a plus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home