Monday, January 15, 2007

Fresh

I woke up this morning and it was very pretty outside. Everything was completely covered with fresh white snow. There were a few big white flakes blowing around. It was like a painting only it was real.

It was tough driving home last night from work. We had a bunch of women that came in with leaking amniotic fluid. It must have been the storm and barometric changes coming. Weird. I still have to ask God about that one..... Anyway I was slipping and sliding around all the way home and there was a giant truck right next to me on the already small University Ave. in the hood. I had to keep it at a crawl and the sleety stuff stuck to my windshield and would not clear off. I was thankful to make it home without incident.
Today Edgey had to drive to Newton. He was not happy about that and tried to talk the boss into letting him work in town.... to no avail. When he was out to Colfax, the customer called and asked that they not come because her kids were home from school and it was too bad out.
By that point he was about 10 minutes away. grrrrrrr. He called me, not very happy. He said he had to drive about 30-40 mph all the way on interstate 80 and counted 14 cars in the ditch.

One thing that was funny today was that there were a ton of birds out in the backyard. I haven't put any bird seed out or anything because it has been very nice till now. So anyway I think, "Well, maybe I will go out and put out some birdseed." So I did. When I opened the door a couple of birds were at the waterdish. So then I think that I might need to give them some water. Then I fed the dog and watered her too. When I came inside to look out the window... the birds were all back and swarming the dog dish.... and the dog food was disappearing quickly. So now I know what happens to all the dog food. I couldn't figure out why she was eating so much more than normal. So maybe I will have to move the dishes back into the house...which I hate having to clean up after her because she is a complete messy pig.

College classes start again tomorrow. Tomorrow is orientation and they go over my credits and plan and goals, etc. I am starting to get excited about it. I was bummed out for a while because they aren't offering the classes on the tribes of Israel (I was very pumped about that). The teacher is in a battle with cancer and doing chemo and very tired...... pray for her. So this term I am taking a class in nouthetic counseling which is counseling based on the Bible and not psychology. Just a basic intro class, but should be interesting.


More later -

Have a great snowy day!
KP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home