Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Monday

Happy Monday!

We had a crazy weekend at work. Saturday was very busy and we were all (four of us nurses) going a little nuts. Our entire unit was full on Saturday and we were really thankful because the crazy lady that seeks drugs came in and was rerouted to the labor and delivery side and they got to deal with her. She is only 15 or 16 weeks pregnant and has already been in the hospital for 5 visits. 40 weeks is a long way off.....
Now for a little insight into what we have to deal with sometimes ------- I am just thankful this particular gal was not my specific patient because I don't know if I would have been able to handle her as well as my co-worker, but we all took turns helping my poor coworker because this gal was on her call light every few minutes. It was unreal. First of all, she was only a teenager (15 I think) and that makes a difference right there because a teenagers world is pretty self centered most of the time unless they have been raised right - and obviously this gal is pregnant, unmarried, and been in a drug rehab, etc..... so she probably has not had a great life so far.
Anyway, she sat around naked the whole time she was in the hospital. Completely naked - all the fat rolls and hooters and everything right there to see everytime you walked in the door to help her every 5-10 minutes. She was throwing up from morning sickness. OK. She couldn't stand the smell of her puke so she would come have you dump it for her (even if it was just a little spit), she pulled out her IV twice and kept peeing the bed so we had to change the whole bed 3 complete times. We even put special bed pads under her and if she peed on that she would just throw them on the floor. So by now you all feel sorry for her. We probably would have too if we didn't have a floor full of other patients to care for. Everytime we talked to her about going home she would force herself to throw up some more. Tried to make herself stay awake and not sleep, because miraculously, if she would go to sleep, her symptoms disappeared! We all discussed maybe walking in her room naked to take care of her, then maybe she would go home because it would scare her to death. LOL
That was our exciting weekend.

I did get a few flowers planted Friday. I still want some more, but the ones I want aren't out yet, so I guess I will have to wait or maybe do some of my own starts. I am disgusted with myself though because I can't find my seed packets I put away.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home