Thursday, April 06, 2006

Change Or Stay The Same?

My mother seems to think that my last post was too short and pictures don't count as a post. LOL. Sometimes, I just don't have anything to say, or maybe it is because I don't want to think about anything. Do you ever have days where you just don't want to think at all..... how about a brain vacation? I told one of the gals last night, I was just on the verge of being cranky. Not mad or upset about anything in particular, but just feeling frustrated and I am not sure why. And, no, it's not hormones either.


Pastor was getting on us about whether we really understood and meant what we were singing last night in worship. We had just finished a song that I used to sing all the time in the inner city church.

I will never be the same again, (Christ has completely changed me, I am a new creature)
I can never return, I've closed the door. (Sin has no place in my life and I have shut the door to my past life)
I will walk the path, I'll run the race (I will stay on the narrow path and run the marathon God has for me)
And I will never be the same again. (I will change from glory to glory to become more and more like the image of Jesus)

Fall like fire, soak like rain, (God, fall on me like Holy fire- Soak me with the latter rain)
Flow like mighty waters, again and again. (Let mighty rivers of water flow continuously)
Sweep away the darkness, burn away the chaff, (get rid of the junk I need to clean out of my life)
And let a flame burn to glorify Your name. (and let your light shine in my life to your glory)


This is the verse we didn't sing........

There are higher heights, there are deeper seas,
Whatever you need to do, Lord do in me.
The Glory of God fills my life,
And I will never be the same again.

Fall like fire, soak like rain,
Flow like mighty waters, again and again.
Sweep aways the darkness, burn away the chaff
And let a flame burn to glorify Your name.
*******************************************

I used to cry when I first heard the song.
I don't cry when I hear it now, but I still think of it more as a cry from my heart, a prayer I guess.
I told Edgey last night, I am not sure why I am frustrated, but the closer to God that I get, the more I fast, the more I pray, the more I read the word and study, the more frustrated I become. Not that I don't have peace..... but just something in me that wants something but I don't know what it is. And I don't think it is just that I want more of God either....So that is what I am praying for now, understanding what it is that I am desiring and what is frustrating me.

Today is not my free day because my mother is feeling weird and thought maybe she shouldn't watch my kids. She has a headache and having hot/cold flashes. I think I may take Ethan to get a haircut and look at flowers to plant. Each year I think I am going to start my own and then I never do. :( It would be so much cheaper.

Is that long enough mother?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home