Sunday, January 29, 2006

Weekend is Over

This weekend home was great. It was relaxing and calm. Saturday after Edgey had his a.m. coffee and was no longer a morning bear, we went to have breakfast at Ryan's Steakhouse on 86th. Wow! I was completely impressed. They had 3 buffets of breakfast food, sausage, ham, links, breakfast pizza, pancakes, waffles, grits, hash browns, corn-beef hash plus eggs/omelets to order, fruit bar plus pastries and cereal. Now please tell me who is going to pay $8 for a breakfast and eat cereal? I was not hungry again until about 8 p.m. It was awesome!
Then we went for coffee at Caribou coffee. Edgey got a coupon for a free one. I like it better than Starbucks. It doesn't have that burnt, bitter taste. This is a smoother flavor even though it is still dark roast.
Edgey had to go take care of a honey-do list at his Aunti's house and pick up the kids. I went shopping and had fun trying to find some "cool" things for the kids store. I did find some cool cross necklaces that are pretty hip hop looking. Edgey wanted it for himself and I had to fight him off. The brand name of them was called "Bling, Bling." I also found a couple of other boy things, but nothing for the girls yet.
After that I went to worship practice at the church. That was probably the highlight of the weekend. I rarely get to go to practices. I truly miss singing. Speaking of passions, if I had a choice to do anything all day long, that is what I would do. ALL DAY. If I would somehow lose my hearing, I think I would really have a hard time with life. If I had to pick between being blind and being deaf, I would definitely be blind, not that I would ever want to have to make that choice. Anyway, I learned a few new songs (that of course everybody else already learned) and got to worship for a couple of hours. The Lincoln Brewster music is kickin' and I am likin' it. As a matter of fact, I am listening to it right now while I am writing.
Sunday, I was privileged to go to Sunday church and got to sing too (bonus). For lunch we met Aunti for chinese buffet and then went back to the house to play a mean game of Monopoly. It lasted for a good 4 1/2 hours. I won but I really wouldn't have cared because by that time I was just ready to be done playing Monopoly.
I only thought about work one time all weekend. It was great!

Pastor (shepherd) was talking about sheep again.... so I got out my sheep book. Sheep are soooooo stupid. My grandpa used to raise sheep on his farm. I grew up with them and even had a pet lamb. I brought him home and kept him in a box in my basement until he got too big then took him back out to grandpa's. His name was Bo. Get it? Bo sheep? not Bo Peep.... ha. But back to stupid...... sheep fall down and can't get up, they eat too much and make themselves sick, they eat anything including poison stuff if it is in the pasture, they run the fence lines and jump through any hole they can find, they fight by butting heads and can knock themselves unconscious. Talk about stupid. So look what Jesus is comparing us with. So yes we definitely need to pray for pastor 'cause he's got a lot of stupid sheep to deal with. Good things that shepherds love their sheep and give their lives for them....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home