Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Challenge

So there I was challenged, because I knew in myself, I wasn't being the best that God wants me to be. There is so much more to being a living sacrifice than just offering up your worship.....

I mean things like ... your finances. Have you given up all of your finances to God. They are His anyway. One of the guys in church said one time, "We know God gets the 10%. That's a given. But what about the other 90%? That's God's too." So how are we being good stewards of the other 90%? You have to get past the mentality of I'ts Mine! Just like a little kid with a toy. They don't always like to share. We have to train them to share and they will be blessed. We have always told our children. Their toys are all God's and everything we have is God's and they are required to share. I think that God sees us as little kids who need to grow up and he is training us that it's ALL His, money, house, vehicles, everything. We are just stewards and we need to change our mentality.
I just heard a financial advisor the other night.... say, " I remember back when I was in church and the older folks would stand up to give a testimony and say Praise the Lord He paid my light bill! At the time I thought it was a miracle, but now God has showed me there is something wrong there. It's a slap in God's face that we are a child of God and we don't have control of our finances...that He has to intervene to pay a light bill because we are so messed up that we can't pay it ourself. What kind of a witness it that?"
Why would any outsider want to be a Christian looking at that? Yeah! I want to be a christian so I can be broke and drive a dumpy car that has trash all over it.

Stewardship - that's a living sacrifice

Changes:

So I have started making some changes in my life.
I had started doing weight watchers because I know I am too heavy to be healthy. When I started I was 100 pounds more than when I got married. I gained 50 the first year we got married. I mentioned that in a post somewhere before this. Then I gained 40 more the second year because I got pregnant with Ethan. I lost a little, gained a little, etc., etc.... I started losing again after I had Elizabeth and started feeling better, but then got my Jesse surprise. So back to the top again.
I had just learned to live with it. God wants us to renew our minds so I started retraining my mind. I have been reading a lot of books on health foods and healthy ways of thinking, especially bible based ones. That has been a huge help for me.
I lost 15 pounds with the weight watchers and then I got stuck for about 6 weeks at the same weight. I was disgusted and discouraged. But this time, where before I would have given up and went back to Egypt where the food tasted good, I stuck with it and asked God what to do. I ran across another book and another and another and learned a lot.

The next change was to mostly organic food and kefir. I also found a place to get some raw goat milk. Goat milk digests in 20 minutes instead of all day like cow's milk. Kefir is a special processed milk that has a huge amount of probiotic stuff for your digestive system. Used when there was no refrigeration because it keeps. I can't always afford to buy organic but I try to get everything fresh or frozen. At any rate it has to have 99% of the ingredients real... like God made. That is my mentality. If God made it, it's better for me than the other crap I have been eating for the first 1/2 of my life. I get farm eggs (organic) from the goat lady too. Sam's club has organic mixed greens and spinach and strawberries. No more sweetners except real stuff. Not even processed sugar if I can possibly help it. I use Agave, Honey or raw sugar or Stevia.

When I changed to organic stuff, I lost another 5 pounds very quickly. Then it has been about 2 lbs a week since. I also have started walking a couple of miles a day. I have only missed one day this month when I felt horribly sick with a headache. I was probably detoxing..... So a total of 27.5 lbs so far.

I still have potato chips, but I buy organic or natural chips. You know, they really do taste much better than the Doritos or Lay's. You know why you crave them? Because they have MSG which is an excitotoxin and makes your body addicted to them.... that's why you have to eat a whole bag. You know why they put that in there? So you will be addicted to them and crave them and want to buy more.... so they can make a huge KILLING profit.

Ok... enough of that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home