Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wilderness Week Adventure

Prior to this past week: Brian moved in with us. We had to move rooms around and adjust things for that. I guess I am used to this by now. It seems like we learn a lesson then get a rest period and then we go for another round. As soon as someone moves in all hell breaks loose. I guess that is good huh? Rejoice when the devil is chasing us because we're doing something right.... or something like that. Well as soon as he moved in - Before the end of the first week: The dog got sick.
Edgey's van needs surgery. It blew a $500 fuel pump which is inside the gas tank of the van and will cost an entire paycheck. To save money, rather than getting it towed, he borrowed a friend's tow dolley to tow it to the van hospital and it blew two of his van tires and thrashed the dolley. So- then we had to buy two used tires for the van. Also will have to replace/fix some parts on the dolley. $$$$

Update of the past week: Coughing, runny noses, blowing noses, draining, sore throat, super sinus headache & pressure, achy body, etc...... Taking lots of vitamin C and multivitamins, drinking lots of fluids and washing our hands. Discussing germs in homeschool. Sleeping in the lazy boy so I can breathe. Nyquil..... is a good thing. Sudafed is a good thing.

Elizabeth and I both started with the sinus stuff last Thursday. By Saturday I could not think and slept most of the weekend. I didn't go to work which is not good because no work-no pay.
Brian (who is staying with us for a while) also got it on Friday. He was a good Christian and went to church on Sunday. Sunday Mr. Edgey got it and started whining around. Sunday, we were quite the pair taking turns snoring in the lazy boy chairs. He was worse on Monday and put a damper on any fun during schooltime or afterwards. I started to feel a bit better. Tuesday, he went back to work. I felt better but didn't think it would be a good idea to spread the joy with my classmates at the bible college (especially since one just had a chemo treatment a few days prior). I stayed home and watched American Idol. Fell asleep in the chair.

Now we are current to Wednesday. Edgey felt worse today than he has so far. Today I woke up very early because I slept in the lazy boy again. It really does help me sleep better with the sinus thing. I left TBN channel on the entire night. I think it helps my spirit man, even in my subconcious sleeping mode. There are times I start dreaming about whatever they are preaching about. Very weird. But I know it is good for me.
I woke up early and listened to TD Jakes & Paula White. At some point during the night I woke up to some other preaching guy- can't even tell you what his name was, but the message, I think, God just tapped on my head to wake me up for it.
Since all this sinus stuff has been going on, I haven't felt much like worshiping. Mostly because I am so tired and sleeping a lot. When I do worship, because I sing and I love to sing, I usually sing praise or sing worship or sing pray. Well, my voice sounds like a frog.... seriously like a croaking sound. Very low, gravelly and disappears at inopportune moments.... like when I am trying to talk to my kids. B was laughing at me tonight because I told her I can't yell for them or at them and when I raise my voice it disappears. So I just smile and whisper, "come here", so I can wrap my hands around your neck while I am talking to you.... It truly has been very frustrating! Frustrating to be unable to talk and frustrating to be unable to sing.

Well, the preacher dude came on and God knocked me in the head, and woke me up. He was talking about how Moses was to go to Pharao and say Let my people go so that they can worship me. They had been in bondage/slavery and needed to be freed to worship. But - here it is- they did not get to be let go to worship in the promised land but to worship in the wilderness...... aaaahhhhhhhhhrrrggggghhh. We have to learn to worship in the wilderness BEFORE we can get to the promised land. We have to learn to depend on God for sustenance and depend on God for our very life and breath, to walk around in desert sand and rock and heat and still be able to worship. And let me tell you, I do not want to spend 40 years goin' round the mountain before I figure that one out. So I went to church tonight, even though I didn't feel like it..... and I went up on the platform and worshipped, even though I had a frog voice and croaked some unknown notes - because I do not want to miss out on the promised land because I can't worship the way I think it should be done. Pastor talked tonight about being pruned and chopped up so we can produce more fruit......even though it may be a good thing that is getting chopped. I would HATE to not be able to sing. This is a time that is very very frustrating to me. But if God has chopped my voice so I will worship Him without it, then so be it. I will try to be content and worship anyway.....

Now, if I still cannot talk or sing next week, y'all may have to remind me of what I just wrote here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home