Tuesday, February 27, 2007

venting

Sorry about leaving Barbie on there for so long with nothing new and exciting....
I have been sort of busy. Work called today and wanted me to work tonight. I work on the weekend for a reason people. You think they would get that by now. I had class tonight till about 9:45 anyway. I mean, really, how great of a homeschool teacher would I be after working all night and then trying to do school?

Then they call back and ask if I can work on Thurs night or be on call all day on Wed. which really means "you might as well just come on in to work because it will be busy since it is supposed to snow". Barometric pressure changes do wonders to pregnant women. I wouldn't get to go to church on Wed night because I would still be working... and like I already don't get to go on Sundays. So I am kind of crabby right now and had to vent.

Oh and it's my grandpa's birthday this week. My aunt and uncle and another aunt have their birthday too so everyone got together for a family lunch and no one invited us.... are my kids really that bad? Anyway, we are supposed to take him out to lunch tomorrow. He is starting to lose it (in the head). I talked to him on the phone today and he was in and out about getting a job because he's broke and doesn't have any money. He's 86 years old... good grief! He said he would have to push a broom to make money. I played along and told him maybe he should be a Walmart greeter and he said they treat those greeters like dogs. He was upset about his house and his "girlfriend" and a number of other things.... meals on wheels tasted like crap and he couldn't eat that crap. He wasn't happy about the lunch they had at the birthday lunch either. It was ham loaf and it was too salty and his "girlfriend" can't cook either. I don't think I would cook for him either. He is sooooooo picky. I remember when I was little. My grandma had to put butter on every inch of his toast or he would be upset. So tomorrow we are going to Olive Garden for lunch because at least I know I will enjoy it even if he doesn't.

Class tonight was really good. We were talking about counseling children. Which really boils down to counseling the parents because the children imitate the parents. They learn everything from them..... so when parents are not living Godly lives the children exhibit this behavior. When children are being rebellious they are imitating the parents.... I'm sure some of us know what I'm talking about.
So you always counsel the parent(s) first because they need to be in right standing with God. I may write more about this later.


After class I went to Hyvee to get milk and ended up getting a bunch of stocking up food... hamburger was 77 cents a lb., smoked sausages were 2/$1.00 (the 3.99 ones)and I got a couple pounds of little smokies for 99 cents a bag, and some princess cereal for $1 a box (the meat was ready to expire in a couple days - hey what are freezers for?).

Now I am all wound up and can't go to sleep....

Have a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home