Monday, October 23, 2006

I finally got to meet Mary Lynn in real life! I was so excited.... She is real and alive and I could even give her a hug. Yay! Unfortunately, we only got to chat for about 1/2 hour which totally seemed like 5 minutes max. Oh well, some day maybe I will get to go to Michigan and hang out with her.

I worked all weekend. This weekend was actually pretty good too. We weren't crazy busy and it was just kind of steady so it wasn't totally boring. Since all my other coworkers' birthday's were this past week, we had a ton of chocolate available all weekend. That is always a good thing. I took a birthday cake. One of them brought birthday cake. Another one brought a birthday ice cream cake. There was leftover chocolate cheesecake from some big shindig in the NICU. There was also homemade carrot cake and dark chocolate truffles and chips & salsa. It was like a party weekend. I also figured out how to get Life 107.1 online on the work computer so we had music to listen to.

This weekend I worked in the triage area, which filters out where people go - either home, to labor and delivery or to the antepartum side....... EVERYONE that came in this weekend thought their water was broke. Ok, well one person had pain in her side. Of all the ones that thought their water broke, only 2 went home because they were wrong. It must have had something to do with the barometric pressure again. It was real dreary, rainy and yucky looking outside on Saturday. That was the busy day. On Sunday we only had a few people come in and it was a nice sunny day.
We also found out that the boss finally hired another nurse for the weekend day shift. Yay!

The heater guy still hasn't come yet..... it's kinda cold today. 43 degrees outside. Let's see what my room is... my thermometer in here says 62. That's with the stove and little plug in heater going in here. I am supposed to be having dinner guests this week. I hope he comes to fix it prior to that.
I guess if it was really necessary we could just go turn it on then turn it back off again later. That would mean running up and down stairs to the basement. We know it works... it just won't shut off.

Just so you all know..... the neighbors dog has been barking for 1 hour and 23 minutes straight. Well at least that is when I started timing it after I realized the dog was irritating me.

1 Comments:

Blogger marysto said...

It was so nice to meet you as well! I only wish we could have had more time together.

By the way, I heard what in incredible singer you are!

:-)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home