Wednesday, November 08, 2006

salt & light

Well, I must start by saying that I was getting discouraged about the outcome of the elections..... but you know, then I remembered that God, himself, is in control. I did what I believed I was supposed to do. I voted for who I thought I should vote for. It's done and over now.

God is sovereign over all! All authority is established by God (Romans 13:1-2) and whoever resists (my interpretation - whines, complains and has a fit) that power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

It reminds me of David and Saul. Even though Saul chased and hunted David down and cursed him- David always honored Saul because he was the King and God's chosen one for that time. Even when David had his chance to kill Saul, he still honored him.

We should honor God's chosen leaders now. Don't forget where we stand in God's kingdom. We are to be salt and light....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home