Monday, March 20, 2006

Hormones

I heard one time that a woman would take dishes out to her shed way behind her home and throw them at the shed when she was angry or frustrated. It made her feel better. That is how I feel today. If I had any old dishes I would take them outside and throw them at the house and maybe I would feel better, but I doubt it, because I am positive no one would come clean up the broken ceramic when I was finished.
I am not even angry or frustrated.... Women's hormones are just really unbelievable. I feel like causing pain to something but I don't want to take it out on my children or my husband. Luckily the dog's in the kennel.... (just kidding). My grandpa used to do that - kick the dog when he was mad. Dumb dog still loved him. It would just yip and take off running for the garage. I have pushed my dog down the stairs with my foot, however, after she has been digging in the kitchen trash.
Today I did laundry, cleaned up after the weekend,drank coffee, read the Sunday paper (well 1/2 of it anyway), more laundry, made lunch, argued about doing school, gave up, ran errands, went to Aldi's, put groceries away, did more laundry, sat down in the lazy boy and spaced off thinking about all the things I need to do but really didn't feel like doing, talked to Edgey when he got home from work, made supper, went to Sam's Club and Hy-Vee and the video store..... now I am on here. Still haven't accomplished much.
Now it's snowing - on the first day of spring... like the news people haven't run that one into the ground today! My father in law lives in Nebraska and he doesn't even know how much snow he has because it hasn't stopped yet - more than 13 inches so far. Here I was ready to go rake out the bed in the front yard to get it ready. Grrrrr. Maybe if we move the new house will already have perennials planted for me to enjoy. I can dream.....
So what is it with hormones? Why do we feel this way for absolutely no good reason? The worst part is that I really just want people to leave me alone and they don't. They are very demanding and want everything their way. They want food when I don't feel like making it and want to have the TV up as loud as possible when I don't want any noise. Then they ask me "What's wrong with you?" and expect an answer. Someday my head is going to turn completely around and I am going to scream. Oh well, it will be over in about 12 more hours. By lunchtime I should be fine again and hopefully will be heading for that cleaning streak nesting thing. Then maybe I will get something done that is productive.... like throwing out every single toy in the entire house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Come on Kim tell us how you really feel. LOL. I loved it.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home